How often should you brush and floss? What really causes cavities? We’re debunking some common misconceptions concerning your dental health.
A dental emergency unfortunately can happen anywhere and at anytime. Understanding what steps to take when one occurs however, can drastically improve the likelihood of repairing and saving a damaged tooth. Dorosti Dental & Associates Zanesville provides the following advice, intended for the temporary treatment of common dental emergency conditions. Please see your dentist as soon as possible or go to the nearest hospital in the event of an emergency.
The condition of grinding or clenching of teeth, or bruxism, occurs when upper and lower teeth slide back and forth repeatedly and are pressed together in an excessive manner. Often occurring unconsciously during the day or at night while sleeping, over time bruxism can potentially lead to a multitude of problems at any age for both children and adults alike.
So, you and your family have just moved to Zanesville and you’re still trying to familiarize yourselves with the place, see all the important establishments to go to, and get to know your neighbors. Once you’re done with all of that, it’s time to find those key professionals that will help you out in important situations, such as a family dentist — because your oral health is important.
But being new in the community can make this task a bit challenging, and if you’re currently having trouble determining which of the many dental professionals in the locality you have found in the directory would be worth a visit, here are some practical tips on finding a good family dentist in Zanesville, Ohio.
- Contact your old dentist and see if he knows a dentist in the area who can take over his duty of caring for your family’s oral health. Dentists throughout the country are part of associations and they usually have connections in different states; your old dentist may just have the right family dentist for you.
- Ask your new neighbors or co-workers who their family dentist is. They are sure to have one, and you can inquire about the cost of services and the service quality delivered by these professionals. The experience of others is always a reliable basis in determining whether a dentist is good or not.
- Conduct your search online using the right keywords. Long established dental clinics tend to have their own websites and you can find a bounty of information on these sites — from what is included in their service menu, to the price of treatments, to the team of specialists, to the credentials of the dentist, to location and financing. They often also have blogs or articles establishing that they are indeed authorities in the field. You can easily compare dental offices if you dedicate some time to checking out these websites; you may even find the dental clinic closest to where you live, so check-ups would be more convenient.
- Check out community forums. The members of these forums can be expected to recommend dentists they know and share their own experiences with them. The really cool thing about these community forums is that members are very honest and you can trust what they say about the dentist.
- You can also ask your family doctor and pharmacist. They surely will have somebody to recommend whom they know personally, and whose good character and professionalism they can vouch for.
Cleaning, Brushing, and Flossing
Even though your newborn doesn’t have its baby teeth yet, you should still clean their mouth regularly to avoid sticky plaque buildup, gum diseases, and infections such as Thrush.
- Begin by laying your baby on your lap, situated so that you are able to look directly into their mouth
- Using a clean and damp washcloth or gauze pad, carefully clean both the upper and lower gums.
- Clean as needed, particularly after feeding times and prior to bedtime.